National and International Learning Programmes
Guvon Academy is committed to ensuring that we produce candidates who have the skills and knowledge to be successful in the world of Tourism, Hospitality and Cheffing. Accredited as a Skills Development Provider by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) our programmes cover the knowledge, practical and work-based learning required by industry.
National accredited qualifications:
- National Certificate at each level: N4, N5, N6:
the National N Diploma (on completion of N4-N6 theoretical, practical and workplace components).
Each of the accredited learning programmes are three-years in duration and require a Guvon Academy student to attend theory and practical lectures at the campus, including work-place learning at one of the designated Guvon Hotels and Spas properties for the duration of the learning programme selected. This work-place experience ensures you receive the necessary “real world” training which is desperately required by employers and industry leaders. You study and build a CV!
Our international accreditation with the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH) in the United Kingdom (UK) and the Chartered Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (CTHSA) means that our learning programmes are endorsed by industry leaders and it is globally recognised. Offering a range of Levels and Awards to supplement the national qualification and allowing candidates to achieve their hospitality, tourism and chef dreams.
Accredited international levels and awards as offered by CTH centre:
- CTH Level 2 Award in Culinary Skills
- CTH Level 2 Award in Vegetarian Culinary Skills
- CTH Level 2 Certificate in Culinary Skills
- CTH Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills
- CTH Level 3 Certificate in Professional Cookery
- CTH Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery – Kitchen and Larder
- CTH Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery – Confectionery and Patisserie
- CTH Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality
- CTH Level 4 Diploma in Tourism Management
- CTH Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality Management
- CTH Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
Please note that CTH Programmes are not registered on the South African Qualifications Framework. CTH programmes are registered on the UK National Qualifications Framework (NQF) or Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF.)
Please note that the international awards can only be done in conjunction with a national qualification, which means you have the opportunity to achieve a national qualification at the same time as completing a globally recognised award from a reputable accreditation body.